If you’ve been around the dirt bike scene for a while, you’ll know that the YZ250 has a pretty impressive track record.
Over the years this thoroughbred racer has won just about everything worth winning in motocross and supercross. With explosive engine performance and a lightweight aluminium chassis, the YZ250 attracts a loyal following of riders who grew up with 2-strokes. And it’s also caught the attention of a whole new generation of younger riders who want to get out there and ride. The modern factory bike looks and lean image fits the cool bodywork – and with its YZ-F type forks and rear suspension, the YZ250 is ready to win!
- Engine Type – 249cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke – 66.4mm × 72.0mm
- Compression Ratio – 7.9~9.4:1
- Fuel Delivery – Keihin® PWK38S
- Ignition – CDI
- Transmission – Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive – Chain